My name is Dan-Alexandru Gheorghe. I am a Romanian software engineer.
I am also a Phd. student and a teaching assistant at Politehnica University of Bucharest .
My mission is to make people appreciate and understand this hobby better.
I want to share the joy that this hobby brought me, highlight the strong points of good headphones and related audio gear and why they should give them a chance!
Read more about what this hobby means here:
And a guide of how to get into this hobby and what to look for:
Please, don’t forget to like the Facebook Page.
This blog will be about my journey into one of my dearest hobbies. Few years ago I became a headphone & related gear enthusiast.
Everything started when I bought my first pair of headphones, the Sennheiser HD595, because they did not have the HD555 in stock and I had no idea what I was getting myself into.
I love listening to music, discovering different nuances and presentations from different headphones and related gear that make you rediscover your music every time, also like discussing all of the above with my audiophile friends, reading reviews and other opinions on different related gear and contribute to the community.
Something I learned about this hobby, these years, is that it can get very subjective. Every person may perceive the sound from a headphone/dac/amp/etc in a different way. This is why it is very important to listen for yourself before buying something.
You can also find the story on headfi.
The first posts contain the story of how I got into this hobby.
- The Hobby: An Unexpected Journey
- The Hobby: The Desolation of my wallet
- The Hobby: There and Back Again
- The Fellowship of the Broken Wallets
- The Fellowship of the Broken wallets part II
- The two Titans: Sennheiser HD800 & Audeze LCD2
- The Return of The King: Audeze LCD-2
- Burson Conductor: Ambush of The Wallet
- The end of wallet: AKG K550, Creative Aurvana Live and FIIO E17
- InToxicated Mind: Headphones, USB & Power Cables and Conditioning
- Wrath of the Titans: Audeze LCD2 vs LCD3 & Burson Conductor vs M2Tech Vaughan
- From Hobby to Obsession and back to Hobby
- The ambush of the combos: AudioQuest Dragonfly vs FIIO E17 & Dragonfly with Burson Soloist, Dragonfly vs Conductors’ DAC
- The Ambush Continues: AKG K550 vs Sennheiser Momentum
- The Audiophile USB Cable Surprise: Wireworld Starlight Red vs Chord USB Silver Plus
- The Titans are Back: Sennheiser HD800 vs Audeze LCD2 & Burson Conductor
- A Nice Surprise: Focal Spirit One
- Martin Logan ElectroMotion ESL & Piega Premium 5.2
- Audiophile Power Cables Shootout
- Focal Spirit One vs Sennheiser Amperior
- Audeze LCD2 aftermarket cable: Toxic Silver Widow
- Sennheiser IE800, Sennheiser IE80, AudioTehnica ATH CKS 90 & Martin Logan Mikros 70 comparison
- The Amazing Sennheiser IE800
- The Spectacular Sennheiser HD800
- A Wonderful trip down memory lane
- Focal Spirit One Headphone Contest
- The Little Black Box: Arcam rPac
- The King of Musicality: Audeze LCD3
- Audiobyte Hydra: High-End USB Interface
- Naim DAC-V1 Review
- Bakoon HPA-21
- The Sexy Martin Logan Mikros 90
- The Extinct Denon D7000
- MSB Analog Dac – Review
- New Burson 1793 DAC PCB Review
- Power Inspired AG500 Power Regenerator Review
- Creek OBH-21 Review
- Simaudio Moon Evolution 650D – Review
- FiiO E12 Mont Blanc – Review
- FiiO X3 – Review
- Martin Logan Electromotion ESL – Review
- Chord Signature USB – Review
- Indiana Line Nota 250, Nota 550 – Review – More than meets the wallet
- Audeze LCD-X Review
- Audeze LCD-X vs Sennheiser HD800
- Audiophile and Proud
- Noisy USB Problem
- Toxic Cables Budget Silver
- Focal Spirit Classic & Spirit Professional – Review
- Simaudio Moon 300D V2
- Headphones and related gear buying guide
- What are DACS and their importance
- Why do I need a headphone amplifier ?
- Creek OBH-21 MK2 – Review
- Decware Taboo MK3 – Review
- Creative Aurvana Live 2 – Review
- Chord Hugo – Review
- Chordette Qute Ex Dac – Review